Organisations Offering Advice

If you are looking for advice on how to deal with a brain condition, or with the effects of abuse, please consult one of the many professional organisations which exist to offer help and support.                                       Advice on abuse related to brainwashing or cruelty








Here is a list of people who should be able to listen, and to help – though there are no guarantees. These are all well-established UK charities/professional organisations. They exist to offer help to sufferers.

Warning: please be wary of organisations offering expertise on cultism, deprogramming and brainwashing. Some may be more interested in taking your money than in helping you. At the very least, research any such organisation online before contacting it, and ask a professional – such as your GP or a solicitor – for guidance first.

One option might be some form of psychotherapy. (Please note: you don’t need to have a mental illness to find psychotherapy helpful.) Be very careful, however, as regulation of therapists (by the BACP) is not all it might be, and a bad one can be worse than none at all. Or try one of the organisations listed here.

● Cruelty to children: the NSPCC (phone: 0808 800 5000) or ChildLine (0800 11 11)

Domestic violence, the freephone number is 0808 2000 247.

● Cruelty to animals: the RSPCA can be contacted on 0300 1234 999 to report cruelty.

Blog at
Entries and comments feeds.